April 8, 2010

Lack of sleep

I haven't been getting much sleep lately... I decided to try reading something different and opened my copy of Twilight that a friend of mine gave me for Christmas. That was a week ago, and I was ready to borrow New Moon 2 days later.

This is insane! I've been taking 2-3 days to devour each of the books and I cannot control myself! So far Eclipse (book 3) is my favorite, and I have a feeling I will wish I had stopped there. I'm overwhelmed by foreboding about how things will derail in Breaking Dawn, the fourth book - like in the Mists of Avalon when Morgaine discovers she is expecting Arthur's child. Bad decisions sure to come... Or worse, a feeling that she will wake up from a coma caused by the van actually hitting her in book 1 and normal life will start over, like the Wizard of Oz. And you were there, and you, and you...

I'm sure I'll finish the last book in another day, in spite of the dread and foreboding...

No comments: