September 23, 2010

8x8 Mini album

This is the first time I tried layouts in 8x8 size. It was a bit hard because, as this is a gift, I don't have photos for them and I wanted to keep the mats for standard 4x6 prints. I also couldn't cover the mats with embellishments, which I think would have used the space better... For this project I used the August'10 Mosh Posh kit, with a few extras from previous kits and my stash. Most of the cardstock is American craft and were add-ons to the different kits this year. The adhesive is Glue Arts (Glue Glider Pro, Extreme squares), Glue Dots and some foam squares from Therm-O-Web.
Hambly Sudios - needlework - rub-ons (September'10 kit). Lily bee - Lovely - papers and rub-ons (August'10 kit), Studio Calico rub-on stitches (April'10 kit) and October Afternoon -Thrift Shop - paper (June'10 kit).
Sassafras Lass - Indie Girl - border stickers and paper(August'10 kit). American Craft cardstock, Jenni Bowlin Studios journaling circle and K&Co. - Que Sera Sera - border from my stash. I cut the pocket using a Coluzzle template.
October Afternoon -Thrift Shop - paper and Dear Lizzy Flower Ribbon (June'10 kit). Thickers from my stash (I added some color to them to match the flower and button from the August'10 kit).
Buttons, ribbon and fastener from my stash.
October Afternoon Ledger Mini Market Stickers (June'10 kit). Ribbon from my stash.
SEI cardstock, buttons, Thickers alphas and stitches rub-on runner  from my stash.
Making Memories flowers; jewel brad from Eyelet Outlet & Brads.
K&Co paper flower brads - Blue Awning metal art and off-white paper from my stash.
Creative Imaginations pearls from my stash.
Coredinations cardstock (background), Making Memories button and May Arts sheer/dots ribbon from my stash.
Chipboard and button came in the August'10 kit. The title came from a baby book paper pack that I've had since my 4-year-old was born...
Sassafras Lass paper whimsies - Via Air Mail (August'10 add-on). Coredination (blue) and DCWV (pink) cardstock from my stash.
Paper flowers from the American Crafts Heat Wave collection - BeachHouse (August'10). Title sticker from my stash (another baby book leftover...)
I'd love to see this after the photos are added!

1 comment:

Polka Dot Door Designs said...

It must have been a challenge to work without pictures since so often the photos inspire the color/embellishment choices, but I think that this album is really beautiful. I love the color scheme and the papers are great. You know how I feel about 8x8, but these pages still totally reflect your style, something I feel like I can never get my 8x8 LO's to do.