March 22, 2011

No pictures?

Apron Strings Birthday Party Day #14: do something new to you on your layout. I decided to go far outside of my comfort zone and make a scrapbook page without photos. I've made mini books without photos before, but they were all gifts and I knew the pages would have photos later. This time I wanted more of a cover page, where I could have a pocket for all the journaling I did during the trip (as I left my travel journal at home). I think this is also the first time I have so much journaling in one page, not that you can see it....
Little Yellow Bicycle - Pack Your Bags - paper, Jolee's Boutique title, jewel brads from Eyelet Outlet & Brads. I marked the towns we visited with Queen&Co. rhinestones. The map is from Rick Steves' Italy 2010, which I do not recommend if you are traveling with small kids. The guides we ended up using were: Frommer's Northern Italy with Your Family and Open Road's Italy With Kids.

I also wrote a post on my other blog last year about traveling with toddlers, in case you are interested.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Jackie Plank said...

That is a great idea and it looks really great!

7across2 said...

Looks great!! I am still trying to figure out how far out of my comfort zone I want to go for this challenge!!

Deanna said...

This is a great page idea and love the looks of it! I often include a pocket page like this on our travel albums and sometimes for a few of the grandkids' school papers.

Lori said...

I love it! I love the idea of pockets and all the things you've got in there. It's one of those "shoot, I should have done" items I remember after I've finished a page! Nice job.