May 13, 2011

Many views of Venice

Ali has a beautiful sketch posted today at Sketches: Creatively Yours and the design team has added their own personal touches for your inspiration. I expanded the sketch for a double-page layout:

I used some Bazzill dotted Swiss cardstock as my base, then added the Karen Foster - Sea to Sea -  paper, Thickers, K&Co. flower embellishments and hand stitching. Piercing was done with WRMK Sew Easy - Blanket head. I have to say that it took me more than an hour (over 2 days!) to stitch this LO, even though it took 2 minutes to pierce it... next time I'll need to think twice before rolling that piercer over a layout! LOL!

Here is sketch 06-11:
As you can see I used the flower embellishments to make the scallops. As I wanted to get more photos in, I made it a 2-pager and added a photo boarder instead of the paper boarder on the top and bottom.

I'm looking forward to seeing your interpretation! I hope you can join us at Sketches: Creatively Yours!


Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Deana said...

I would love to go to Venice! Looks like it was a wonderful trip & a great 2-page LO to remember it by!

Hope you're having a great weekend, Patchi! :-)

Lindy said...

Awesome layout!!!

Cheryl (C Mom Go) said...

That is so cool how you made a double pager from this sketch! Awesome !