July 25, 2011

New home cards

Dada asked me to make a card for a house warming party we attended. I invited him to pick the papers and he pulled out Jillibean Monster Stew -- he liked the little monsters. So I had to get a bit creative...
Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type, SRM sticker sentiment, unknown ribbon and cardstock. Adhesive by GlueArts and 3L.

I liked the card in the end, but it took me an hour to get over the deer-in-the-headlights feeling the papers caused.

Now this one is more what comes to my mind when I think of a new home card:
American Crafts cardstock, paper (Abode Collection), ribbon (Dear Lizzy), and foam Thickers. The color of the Thickers was a bit off, so I smeared some Ranger distress ink (Tea Dye) to darken it a bit. I also dabbed some of the ink on the punched scalloped circle to help it stand out. Ribbon adhesive by GlueArts. Foam adhesive by GlueArts and 3L to get the different heights.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: