November 12, 2011

How to cut a round cake...

Apparently Dada's family (& friends) had never seen this cake-cutting technique where you cut a circle in the center before cutting slices. Grammy took so many pictures -- and everyone was watching me cut that cake -- that I decided to make a LO of the step-by-step:
Bella Blvd - Sophisticates - papers, American Crafts cardstock and glitter Thickers, Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type, We R Memory Keepers floss, Colorbox chestnut ink, unknown buttons. Stitching holes were pierced with the WRMK Sew Easy (Blanked and Zig Zag heads). Part of the title was cut with my Cricut Expressions 2 (Opposites Attract cartridge). This LO was inspired by Allison Davis' Sketch Support 2-page #22. It's been a while since I made my own embellishments... those flowers and twirls don't really find their way onto my boy layouts :)

Speaking of sketches, make sure you check Ali's new one at Sketches: Creatively Yours.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Ali said...

Love the use of the alternating pp strips in such complementary colours! Just adore your "2-pagers," they ROCK! ~ Ali