January 29, 2012

SWS #5: Rock & Roll

There is a new Stamping with Sami Challenge posted today on the SP Stamps blog. This week we want to see if you can Rock & Roll. If you haven't tried this before, check out Sami's tutorial here. The rules for the SWS challenges are posted here.

For my card I used the Round Sentiments I stamp set:
First I inked the stamp with SU! Crumb cake, then I used the rock & roll technique to ink the edges in SU! Cherry Cobbler. I punched out the sentiment with a EK Success scallop punch, inked the edge with Cherry Cobbler then rubbed some Ranger Distress ink (Antique linen) over it while it was still wet. I loved the multicolored effect -- I need to try this more often.

Other: Jillibean Soup papers and card base; Maya Road leaf pin; October Afternoon button; unknown raffia trim.

I hope you get a chance to check out the SP Stamps blog and play with this week's SWS Challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love the background paper. So pretty. Yes, I do love the multicolor look as well! Great Job!

Deana said...

Gorgeous card, Patchi! Love the banner! Love your Leaves page, too. Such a cute multi-photo page!