September 10, 2014

Summer Books

I realized I forgot to post the books I read this summer, so here they are.

My favorite was the Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. Shadow and Bone hooked me from the start and I was ready for Siege and Storm by the time Ruin and Rising was published. No need to wait even a day in between the books.

Out of Magic by C.D. Coffelt, like most novellas, left me wishing for more. But I have a strong promise that the next book in the series will be released shortly.

Easy Bake Coven by Liz Schulte was a cute, fast read, but the ending didn't make me want to jump onto book 2 like the Grisha one did.

I really enjoyed West of Paradise by Marcy Hatch. I love the time travel vacation premise and the wild west descriptions showed so much historic research that I felt I was there with the characters.

Another favorite was the Apollo Academy by Kimberly P. Chase. I picked it up because it is supposed to be a new adult sci-fi. Even though I didn't notice much difference from young adult, I went directly to the author's page after I finished to see when the sequel was coming out. Unfortunately, not until next year.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: